Favorite Study Spots
Where will you study as a Carthage student? Here are five favorite spots. Check out our interactive map for a look at all Carthage facilities.
- Starbucks — “I’m a bit addicted to coffee so I would have to say Starbucks is my favorite spot on campus,” says engineering and musical theatre double major Trevor Milne. “It’s a great place to study and hang out with friends.”
- Science Center — “My favorite studying spot is on the bottom floor of the Science Center,” says biology major Andy Huynh. “My advisors and many of the Carthage Biology professors’ offices are here, and the spot offers a scenic look at the lake. I’ve spent countless hours doing homework and studying here.”
- Hedberg Library — “Finding a quiet chair tucked in the shelves or an old book by the huge windows makes me feel like I’m in another world,” says English and history double major Ava Serfling Bennett. “It’s the best place to study, relax, explore, hang out, and do anything else.”
- Residence Hall Lounges — “Oaks 1 Lounge 4 has the best lake view and is a quiet place to study,” says political science and musical theatre major Katherine Taylor Retek ’24. “You can hear the waves from the lake and watch them crash on the shoreline. Something about looking at the lake is so peaceful that it brings a sense of calmness, especially on the more stressful days.”
- Music Practice Rooms — “If you’re pursuing music, be prepared to spend a lot of time in the practice rooms playing your instrument or just studying,” says music education major Katiann Nelson. “Practice rooms are where all of the real learning and growth happens.”
- Lakeside — Need a study space with a view? “Any spot near the lake is always the place to be, says nursing major Annalisa Bucaro, “... especially when it is nice outside!”